- GM to build Cadillac Lyriq, other EVs in Tenn. The Tennessee assembly plant will become GM’s third factory to build electric vehicles, starting with the Cadillac Lyriq. GM also outlined a series of other manufacturing investments totaling more than $2 billion.
NADA picks COO Mike Stanton as successor to CEO Peter Welch(NADA, The National Automobile Dealers Association, is an American trade organization representing nearly 16,500 franchised new car and truck dealerships, both domestic and foreign. Established in 1917, the organization is based in Tysons Corner, Virginia.)
- New York auto show postpone to August 2021.
- Ford’s AV commercial services to launch with Escape hybrids. Ford will start rolling out Escape hybrids as its 4-generation AV test vehicle in the coming months. The previous three generations of test vehicles utilized the Fusion sedan has been discontinued.
- Suzuki Motor Corporation(SMC) and Maruti are resuming sales growth, and new models are starting to appear after the first half years hard-hit by the coronavirus crisis.
- Shared mobility is facing a COVID-19 threat. Novel coronavirus forces customers to re-evaluate the risk appetite for exposure.
- BMW reports financial boost as demand rebounds.
- First Dacia EV to be built in China.
- Mercedes-Benz recognized as world’s most valuable luxury automotive brand in “Best Global Brands 2020”